Worker Happiness and Employee Benefits Trends
Most U.S. workers are at least somewhat happy at work. They aim to do their job well or go above and beyond, contrary to the “quiet quitting” trend. But this happiness is fragile as burnout remains a key concern that employers need to monitor closely.
The Hartford’s 2023 Future of Benefits Study, which surveyed U.S. workers and employers, explores:
- The precarious state of worker happiness and how they approach their job
- Workers’ desire to experience some degree of in-person work and the value of human connections as employers are bringing more workers back to the workplace
- How financial stress affects worker productivity
- The importance of easy-to-understand employee benefits and educational resources that help workers better understand which benefits would be best for them
- The continued need for mental health support and dialogue in the workplace